Your “About Me” page is the first place buyers go when they want to find out more about an eBay seller. Is is also a great opportunity to drive sales and cross-sell products. It is a free billboard where you can showcase your entire line of products and make a strong first impression.Here are some tips for enhancing your About My Store page:
- Focus on the area “above the fold” – the screen area buyers see first before scrolling down.
- Graphics work so use photos or graphics of items that link to actual product. Don’t simply list the types of products you sell-make each picture a hot link.
- Avoid Clutter. Once they land on your page, don’t confuse visitors with a clutter of items. Feature one item prominently – such as a “Hot Buy” or “Deal of the Week.”
- Contact Details reassure buyers. List your phone number and contact info prominently so buyers can reach you easily.
- Good navigation. Organize your merchandise into a clickable index for easier navigation.
- Calls to Action. Pepper the page with numerous calls to action such as “Bid Now” or “Buy Now.”
A well-designed, beautiful About Me page will move more product. If you’ve invested in a logo or branding, feature it prominently as part of your overall design.