Hello Baby eBay Listings
I (well not me personally), have created an listing template for my new eBay business, Hello Baby. I thought I would go through my design rationale and invite comments:
- Two column design. Although I think the proponents of three column listing and shop designs such as Frooition do an excellent job for a very reasonable price, three column designs are a bit busy for my liking.
- Clear branding. Too many eBay listings ignore the opportunities which a free text HTML description field gives to build a brand and drive traffic to a website through search.
- Large images. Images are 600 x 500 pixels, large enough to give buyers a good look at the product. An image gallery make it easy to toggle between images
- Shop categories. Hard coded unfortunately, but the idea is to allow browers to navigate between listings. In the future we hope to have a more sophisticated gallery.
- Shop search. again, to allow users to find other products for sale
- Contact details. From a personal point of view, I find contact details reassuring. It is also an opportunity to display the URL of my (as yet unlaunched) website to customers
- Payment and postage information. The idea here is to give as much information as possible to customers, encouraging sales and reducing non payers.