Whilst particularly annoyed by Adwords the other day, I got thinking about things I would like to change about the major eCommerce platforms.
- User access levels. eBay was never originally created with businesses in mind and so, unlike most business systems, there is no function to limit the access of some users to certain functions like listing items. This fact means that an account’s password must be widely distributed, increasing the opportunities of ID theft
- Password entry. Password entry would be more secure if eBay asked for select characters from the password and not the whole thing.
- Product attributes. Currently on eBay, if you are selling a product which has multiple variations, you must make a listing for each variation. According to eBay rules, shoes for example should have an individual listing for each size. I would like to be able to choose attributes like colour and size at the checkout.
- Checkout upsell. I would like to be able to upsell services in the checkout such as gift wrap
- Moving Adgroups. Unless I am missing something it is not possible to move adgroups between campaigns without deleting and then recreating the agroup, loosing all the quality data.
- Search query. I would like to see actual query information alongside keywords in the adword interface.
- Google Maps. I wish analytics would give figures of traffic which came from the Google Maps product.
- Extended Match. Google’s extended match throws up all kinds of rubbish. Google, we choose those keywords for a reason!
Anyone want to add to the list?