- eBay.co.uk hit the 15 million customer milestone in May 2006*
- eBay.co.uk has achieved the ten million live listings landmark, meaning there are more than ten million items for sale on the site at any one time*
- Every third internet user visits eBay.co.uk at least once a month (Nielsen / Netratings, April 2006)
- eBay.co.uk has over 13,000 categories
- eBay is the top brand name on the net, according to calculations by net monitoring company Envisional (Envisional, April 2005)
- eBay.co.uk’s audience reached 11.14 million in June 2006 (Nielsen / Netratings, June 2006)
- eBay.co.uk’s reach was 41.59% in June 2006 (Nielsen / Netratings, June 2006, where reach is the percentage of all active internet users within that month visiting eBay.co.uk)
- Nielsen now reports that eBay.co.uk accounts for a staggering: 10% of all the time Brits spend on the internet. For comparison, if you add together the audience of all 7 of the BBCâ€™s major sites, their unique audience last month was 12.8 million, each of whom on average spent a total of 45 minutes on across their sites. The unique audience on eBay.co.uk was 11.14 million, each of whom spent an average of 2hours and 18mins on eBay.co.uk
- People in the UK â€“ as is true with Germany — spend more time on eBay than any other website (Nielsen / Netratings, April 2006).
- People in the UK spend more money on eBay than they spend on going to the movies (Screen International)
- In 2004, gross merchandise volume (GMV), the value of all successfully closed listings on eBay.co.uk reached a record $3.7 billion
- The UK continues to grow at very strong rates, and in the process reached an important milestone: the UK achieved its first ever $100M revenue quarter in Q2
eBay Inc Facts and figures
- eBay has a global presence in 33 markets.
- eBay has 203 million registered users worldwide.
- Profitable since its launch, eBay Inc. net revenues totalled $1.41 billion in Q2-06. eBay Inc.â€™s International business achieved net
- revenues of $686.1 million in Q2-06.
- In Q2-06, gross merchandise volume (GMV), the total value of all successfully closed items on eBayâ€™s trading platforms, was $12.9billion.
- eBay users worldwide trade more than $1,640 worth of goods on the site every second.
- There were 596 million new listings added to eBay worldwide in Q2-06. At any given time, there are approximately 104 million listings worldwide, and approximately 6.5 million listings are added per day. eBay users trade in more than 50,000 categories.
- Based on Q2-06 GMV, the following categories delivered $1 billion or more in worldwide annualized GMV: Motors at $17.1 billion; Clothing & Accessories at $3.9 billion; Consumer Electronics at $3.7 billion; Computers at $3.5 billion; Home & Garden at $2.9 billion; Books/Music/Movies at $2.6 billion; Sports at $2.5 billion; Collectibles at $2.3 billion; Business & Industrial at $1.9 billion; Toys at $1.7 billion; Jewelry & Watches at $1.7 billion; Cameras & Photo at $1.4 billion; Antiques & Art at $1.1 billion and Coins & Stamps at $1.0 billion.
- While eBay is well-known for its auction format, users can also buy and sell in fixed-price formats, which accounted for 35% of total GMV during Q2-06.
- At the end of Q2-06, eBay hosted approximately 541,000 stores worldwide, with approximately 255,000 stores hosted on the U.S. site and 286,000 stores hosted on eBayâ€™s international sites.
- Approximately 1.3 million sellers around the world use eBay as a primary or secondary source of income. (Source: ACNielsen International Research, June 2006)
- As of April 2006, eBay members worldwide have left more than 4.5 billion feedback comments for one another regarding their eBay transactions.
- The most expensive item sold on eBay to date is a private business jet for $4.9 million.